Sunday, November 21, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

It was a dragging Saturday and we decided to watch the 7th and final installment of the world’s famous epic wizardry series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. We meet up with our good friend and Potter’s no. 1 fan, Grace. Eventhough she's busy working for UNICEF, she was flippin all throughout last week. I will have missed calls, lots of texts at...utusan for the tix...crazy! I had to go to Eastwood cinema to reserve seats for their Ultra7 but they were sold out. We did not have a choice but watched the film in their “usual” cinema. I admit that I haven't read the last 4 books cos tinamad na ko kasi may movie naman. And all my siblings and cousins who are CRAZY over this, I asked them kung ano nangyari kay ganito, ganyan..ayaw sabihin!? Anyway, I had my super late lunch over at Stackers Eastwood. Then after mabusog, we proceed to the mall. I really enjoyed the film. This chapter has grown increasingly dark, thrilling and we're getting to the finish line. Sabi ni Grace, they stayed true from the book. Now for the actors, Daniel Radcliffe’s talent seems to deteriorate like an elderley person’s driving as the years go by hahaha but the under-used Helena Bonham Carter, who plays Bellatrix Lestrange deliciously insane as usual.Emma Watson is getting prettier and obviously marunong na siyang manamit (Karl Lagerfeld's muse..hello. Does the film measure up? It does, to be fair, set the scene for a smashing finale. But if you’re looking for proof that the breaking Deathly Hallows into two films was a narrative decision rather than a commercial one, it simply isn’t here. The world of Harry Potter is a place where the mundane and the marvelous, the ordinary and the surreal coexist. It’s a place where cars can fly and owls can deliver the mail, a place where paintings talk and a mirror reflects people’s innermost desires. It’s also a place recognizable to readers, a place where death and the catastrophes of daily life are inevitable, and people’s lives are defined by love and loss and hope. the same way they are in our own mortal world. See? in short it's a fucking gay place!lol I missed the Quidditch scenes so that's why I pasted my own game pic (Choc Hills, Bohol) After the movie, we had dinner at The Cookbook Kitchen. Grace had pasta al adobo, Kurt had parmesan crusted white fish and i settled for white fish w lemon parsley sauce..again hehehe parang eto na ata yung fave dish ko dito. our food was so good, it satisfied my thrill for that night.

No comments: