Sunday, November 7, 2010

due date with zuckonit

we had a goodmornin breakfast over at Flapjacks. we saw 2 movies this weekend. Due Date and The Social Network. for Due Date: good road movies deliver a few laughs and at least one scene involving the excessive use of alcohol and drugs, and then get out of the way so you can get on with your life. The director has been responsible for at least two, instantly classic comedies in The Hangover and Old School, but even those are only great because they’re so joyously shallow that you can’t help but walk away loving them. Two utter assholes meet in airport. One is an uptight, straight-laced, businessman. The other is a slightly more effeminate version of Zach Galifianakis’s character from The Hangover but is really just a less funny John Candy with a lot less heart. but I thought it was really funny. like a super big gay guy pretending to be fuckin straight. zippy and clever and far more original than you thought a road trip comedy could be again. just can’t help but laugh my ass off most of the times.

Now, why did i watched The Social Network? I don’t even do facebook. Super clueless how to operate this thing. but first, theres the "I'm CEO, bitch" quote lol then there few reasons that I need to keep it to myself. I’ll just say what I think about the film.There’s David Fincher who inspired me to punch someone instantly if someone fucked up my verve c/o (Fight Club, Seven, and The Game). I so worship these movies. It's easy to see why the meticulous, technically gifted Fincher is drawn to Zuckerberg and the challenges of his story, and working from good script yet, Fincher has struck perfectly the balance between calculated and human filmmaking. Then, Jesse Eisenberg. man, adoration. reverence. i thought his portrayal was formidable. i’m a fan since Zombieland and Adventureland. and the musical score? Trent Reznor, youre a genius! i used to follow him on twitter though (: The Social Network feels instantly iconic and important because everybody does it (not just for me) a portrait of the generational hero no one asked for, the world he changed by accident, and all the things his invention will never change no matter how hard we try. and oh, youngest billionaire. Am I jealous? Hell yes.

P.S.

"Sorry, my Prada is at the cleaners, along with my hoodie and my 'fuck you' flip-flops, you pretentious douche bag!"

whapaak!

No comments: