Thursday, May 20, 2010

tears are more truthful than smile

How many people have lost someone to alcoholism? What are your thoughts? Has time given you any perspective? For me, yes. Last year, I lost my uncle because of alcoholism. This year, I lost 2 of my cousins. The first one died last March and the other just passed away today. This addiction blows me away for 2 consecutive years. Losing is enough to tear someone’s heart absolutely to shreds. Knowing that the person held to dear to your heart has died from addiction, for one reason or another, makes everything slightly worse. Kahit na ganun sila, maaasahan mo sila kahit kelan. Those were the kinds of men who will never say no if you need help. This kind of addiction is very apparent sa mga guys sa family namin. I admit on binging dati. High school, college days kahit sa professional career pero I know better na. I know I should learn how to value life more but I’m getting there. Someone said, life is not waiting for someone who is made for you..but life is living for someone who lives because of you. I’ll drink to that! (moderately of course)

No comments: